Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sharing my knowledge on how to save so much money!

After kicking around the idea, for quite sometime, i finally decided to per sue a blog!
Everyone seems to have a blog now, so why not jump on the bandwagon!

I have been couponing for almost 4 years now.  Couponing has become a way of life. After losing my job (twice) money was tight, so instead of selling off valuables, loans, or even cutting off things i looked into couponing before the hype started.

It started as a savings of about 60%. Now, i don't have a good shopping trip unless I've saved at least 90% :)
I shop at different places. Walgreens,Kroger,CVS,Giant Eagle,Remke and Target are places you can almost always find me at. Although, most of my shopping is done at Kroger and Walgreens, i will hit the other stores if the deal is a "can't miss" :)


I should have been keeping track since starting, but alas I'm a slacker and never thought of it.

So for those of you who ask "how do you do it" here is your opportunity to learn.

I will list step by step how I'm doing things, and what i used and how i got it.

I do travel all over to shop. I know alot of people don't have Kroger, but just by learning HOW i shop at Kroger you can match it up to how you would use it at your store.

Basic things to follow:

Know your store!!: Does your store double coupon values? If so how much? (IE: .50 and under, .99 and under, none)

Does your store limit coupons in a transaction?

Learn to read the store ad like it's a handbook!

Example:

If Store A has  bob sauce on sale $10/10, and Store A double coupons .99 and under, no limit, and you have a .50/1 coupon. Guess what? Your netting yourself FREE BOB SAUCE!


Now, there is also the money making side of shopping, but i will get into that as those opportunities come around. Which is quite often.


Grocery Shopping is my therapy. Once you learn each side of the trick, you will never stop!

Here is an example (pictures soon to follow) of items i have that i will NOT need in at least another 3 years. (this includes my family)

Toilet Paper
Kleenex
Laundry Detergent
Shampoo and Conditioner
Softener
Body wash
Bathroom Cleaner
Face Wash


There is more, but that's what i can think of off the top of my head.


Now, I'm sure your thinking "HOW!?"

Here is the how:

Use the internet!

http://www.afullcup.com/

http://www.iheartwags.com/

http://www.iheartcvs.com/





How to get coupons:



I use eBay and buy the Sunday paper. There are also sites out there for "coupon clippers" i tend to find them to be unreasonable when it comes to prices. I can usually find what i need from eBay or the Sunday paper



I ALWAYS spend every Saturday morning scouring the ad to match up coupons to the sales:

Example:

Cottonelle Toilet Paper- 4 packs were on sale alot 10/10. There were ALWAYS .50/1 coupons out for it. My Kroger doubles .50/1 coupons. Before they discontinued the cottonelle 4 packs, i stocked up over 400 4 packs.

Why so many you ask? Well why not? It's free, and it's something you will ALWAYS need right?

As the years moved on, i would snag up deals that weren't free, but close enough. Just recently i bought 60 roll packs of Charmin for $4. Yea, not free but that's less then 7 cents a roll!



Laundry Detergent:  All Small and Mighty comes out with some good coupons. I've paired it up plenty of times with the ad. Most recently, it was $2.50 on clearance and i have $2 coupon. Stacked that with BUY ALL GET SNUGGLE FREE. So .50 for a bottle of all and snuggle? Yup! I like that!




I have no problem doing personal 1 on 1 sessions. I do have a busy schedule. I do work full time, have a husband and 2 wonderful children (My dogs Brian and Zinger) But if you want to start learning, get your local stores ad, tell me your stores rules and let's get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment